While all the foundations of the world are shaking and Satan roars like a maddened lion, and everywhere there is confusion, violence, and uncertainty, those who trust in the Lord, confident in him, will stand still to see God’s salvation with hearts and minds at peace. They can enjoy rest and sleep sweetly, unafraid of conditions around them.
I give you some glorious promises of God for all who trust in him in these perilous times.
- “As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried; he is a buckler [shield of protection] to all them that trust in him…” (2 Samuel 22:31).
- “Show thy marvelous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them” (Psalm 17:7).
- “Oh, how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust thee before the sons of men” (Psalm 31:19).
- “Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of men; thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues” (Psalm 31:20).
- “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord” (Psalm 31:24).
- “Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass” (Psalm 37:5).
- “The salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him” (Psalm 37:39-40).
- “In God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me” (Psalm 56:4).
- “Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us” (Psalm 62:8).
- “They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever” (Psalm 125:1).
- “Whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe” (Proverbs 29:25).
The only safeguard against Satan’s lies and evil devices is to face him with the promises of God. God’s Word is still all powerful and the devil still trembles when we stand firm with this Sword in hand.
Today – now – take your stand.